We all know the fun fact that Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the United States. It’s a fact that is so over-used in the pickleball communities that it has become boring to me. But the fact is important to this blog. Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the US due to the communities that have been built on the court, but arguably more important on social media. I believe pickleball has expanded greatly due to the social media accounts that follow the sport. From highlights to fashion, from paddle reviews to training tips, from neighborhood groups to more, pickleball continues to grow its communities across the country using social media. Let’s take a look at some of my personal favorite pickleball accounts to follow.
*Disclaimer, Dink Tank Pickleball was not considered on this list but is my favorite for obvious reasons.* Be sure to follow Dink Tank Pickleball on all your social accounts
- I like to consider The Dink our older, more popular cousin who has no idea we exist. I really enjoy the layout and look of The Dink blog site. They provide great content and have an insightful podcast, the PicklePod.
Pro to Follow
- I really enjoy Simone’s Instagram as she routinely provides great clips on tips and tricks you can do to improve your pickleball game. As the Queen of Pickleball, Simone brings unmatched experience in coaching the game. If you’re relatively new to the sport of pickleball, I think diving into Simone’s coaching videos is a great place to start off.
- Pickleball apparel is a budding space as we’ve seen companies such as Franklin, Devereux, and others expand into the space. The one account that has caught my eye for pickleball fashion and style is the Pickle Babes. Frankie & Natalie are the go-to for female fashion in pickleball, they also have a great knack for social media. Their “would you rather” videos are a great way to use the engagement they get from their followers in a creative and pickleball-centric way.
- Who doesn’t love a good meme? Pickleball memes is exactly how it sounds, funny images with a pickleball-related joke. Memes are simple, but everyone loves them.
- This is an excellent Facebook group where thousands interact giving their opinions and first-hand experience using pickleball paddles. Not sure what type of paddle you want? This group can help you determine what’s best for you based on price, skill level, durability, and more. I think Facebook groups like this are HUGE for pickleball communities.
As we continue to see the sport of Pickleball rise, these accounts and many others are integral in growing the game. We must continue to build communities both on the court and online to keep up with the growth of the sport.
What are some of the pickleball accounts you enjoy following? Leave your thoughts in the comments.